Tuesday, June 17, 2008

barry county

for some reason I keep getting barry county and calhoun county mixed up. which explains why the last time I tried to talk about the calhoun county courthouse I was really confused because it was obvious I was not talking about the same building as the other person was!

anyway, the other day I was at the barry county courthouse in hastings. miraculously the little conference room I was stuck in had AIR CONDITIONING. this is miraculous, because the building looks pretty ancient by modern architectural standards.

what was sweet this day was I actually got to hear a journalist say, when asked to reveal a source, "I'd rather go to jail."

in other news, it's summer now. and yet I am finding it difficult to get myself outside, even for a walk or a quick bike ride down the ribbon of asphalt just a few feet yonder. the tennis outings have even had a tough start, and I've only been out once. am I too wrapped up in work? was I really just faking being outdoorsy before? am I just lazy?


the prevalent thought in my mind these days, about everything, is "what's wrong with me?" and while I understand the necessity to not dwell on that too much (but just DO what it is I feel I should be doing) I wonder if it's a valid mystery to simmer in the brainpot awhile. my questionable logic is if I can determine the cause, then I'll know what to fix. is that reasonable? or am I simply crazy and should just learn to live with it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious, I so know what you mean. Nope, you're not crazy, because then I am too. Well, maybe I AM crazy too? Humm. To much thinking; it's way to late for that.

Let's go rollerblading sometime soon...I haven't done that this year yet...we can have my dogs pull us. ;)

mr. chris said...

your dogs would pull marie like a car dragging a can on a rope!!!! and i don't know if i can video record that and blade at the same time!