Thursday, June 26, 2008

gnome home

chris left me a message yesterday demanding I drive by this house. and then he laughed and kept saying "it's ridiculous! it's ridiculous! it's ridiculous! but it's awesome!" all while laughing. he drove me by it later in the evening, and then came up with this gem:

we should start adding gnomes to this menagerie. do you think they'd notice?



it's been a busy week of typing at the homestead this week, and while piscin has many cozy spots where she likes to plop down, she slept here yesterday.

i had to hold my camera out over my laptop because all I could see was her hindfeet resting on my leg. bizarre.






and then matthew said, "look! it's even got a flash!"
tonight's rehearsal was GOOD. it felt a little wierd to be sans troy, and was considerably less rambunctious minus alan, but nevertheless it was a pretty run-of-the-mill practice... smoothing rough edges, confirming who does what and where, adjusting lyrics... while matthew puts flames up on the screen, or a random photo of troy in a wig.
we've been a team for a long time (i think it can be measured in years now), and it felt absolutely comfortable to be working through songs, making alterations and suggestions, tweaking, asking questions and replaying something because it was the right thing to do.
it was incredibly thrilling to sing and hear ethan on harmony... to play parts on the keyboard that add (not just make hectic noise) and really feel like a part of the band... to know everything is and is going to be fine.

***

a word of advice: don't drop your phone under the stage, near the middle. matthew's arms are not small enough to reach down there to retrieve it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! That would be so fun ADDING gnomes to their yard! Do it! If I ever see one on sale, (while I don't make it a habit to specifically go shopping for those) I'll pick one up!

I so want to be there on Sunday! Maybe we can make it to the 6 pm service...we'll be in Ohio....I'm gonna try really hard to be there!

I've dropped pens down the middle of the stage, but never a phone. Who had the honor of crawling under to get it?

Anonymous said...

AND, I'll be praying for you all Sunday morning! :)

madjeepgirl said...

well, first I tried using the bass stand to reach it, but it was too far away. luckily ethan has little arms and was able to actually reach down and grab it. I was laughing the whole time because first matthew wanted me to use the bass to reach down and force it out!