Thursday, July 10, 2008

random blogicity

some more things you might not know about me

it annoys me when words aren't pronounced correctly
my mom was an english teacher. my day job involves grammatical and punctuational correctness (i feel your apostrophical pain, miss laura).

my top 3:
1. it's asphalt, not ash-phalt
2. it's michievous, not mis-chevious
3. it's pronunciation, not pro-nounciation (the irony doesn't escape me)


i detest softballs. baseballs only, please.
when i was a kid my dad taught lisa and i how to play baseball. well, backyard baseball... the kind that only involves hitting a ball with a bat, and catching it in your glove (or your throat, if you're lucky enough to be standing in the right place at the wrong, wrong time when dad is up to bat!). so while i'm certainly no yoda when it comes to the way of the diamond, i have discovered a severe distaste for the softball. literally the ball. it might also be because I have munchkin hands. yes, I know the mitts are bigger than your hand. but if you've ever attempted to catch one of those honkin' things with a mitt, your hand is still an important variable. in my opinion. and it's WAY more fun to hit a baseball... they go farther.

last night (joy of joys) i got to play catch with some of my favorite guys. (seriously. i just wanna be one of the boys.) at one point someone (i don't know who, so I can't yell at the culprit specifically) threw me a softball (probably because I'm a girl, assuming we're all about the softball. give me a break).

i let it hit the ground.

i wanted to spit on it, but i just gave it a dirty look.
i might have kicked at it, though.
maybe.

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Oh... the ash-phalt one. That hits hard in our home, as I am married to a construction guy that ALWAYS SAYS IT INCORRECTLY.

This bothers me.