Tuesday, June 24, 2008

knee deep

my everpresent load of typing and traveling is a little hefty this week, but not enough to send me into hysterics. I rarely reach that level of panic, but I was edging closer and closer to it, until I got some deadline confirmations this morning. how do you spell relief?!
(does anyone remember those commercials?)
so I even felt free to run some much needed errands today. the bantam menace got his tires rotated, I gave a bank some money, and even popped in to a couple stores to check some things out for my mom. I sat down to do a little more typing, then headed back out for one more errand: the movie rental store.

today's destination was movie gallery, to pick up the spyderwicke chronicles. what I didn't realize until I headed out the door was that, although I was dressed for a comfortable afternoon of typing, I wasn't necessarily dressed smartly. I was wearing Detroit Tigers shorts, a University of Tennessee t-shirt, and my usual Boston Red Sox hat. and I wasn't exactly color coordinated either. now if only my flip flops were branded...

but only the clerk at the store saw me, and she didn't say anything, so it's okay.

and no, I'm not taking a picture.

really. because a regular light switch is too low brow for an insurance company.

****WARNING: if your name is diane nienhuis, stop reading right now****

***

***

this is the kind of things our cat LOVES to sit on. she will waddle into the room, head directly to a backpack or bag, turn around a time or two, and then settle down right on it.

you'll notice that it's a deliberate position. there's no "I'm going to lay down here even if this bag is in the way." oh, no, it's "I'm going to lay down on this bag because this is living."

1 comment:

diane said...

Seriously, when you put that disclaimer up then I HAVE TO KEEP READING!

And eewww...it was about a cat. You may as well take a pic of raw meat and tell me how it changed your life!

:)