Monday, July 21, 2008

dropping in

whilst scouting for the treasure hunt, the queen of england and i stopped by to say hello to ms. nienhuis.  we tried to call before we showed up, but she was a little busy.
things were boiling and freezing and timers were going off.  she was doing something with the green beans (blanching?  bleaching?  i can't remember.  help me out.)
while the green beans dried, diane showed off her current stash of frozen vegetables.
and then we made a trip for ice and -- well, ice.
like i say, there are no errands, just chances to drive.

1 comment:

diane said...

Oh My Word, this is very hilarious!

I was blanching the green/yellow beans in order to freeze them. Later, in the dead, cold grip of winter I will eat them up, Yum!

I got me some fixin's for Veggie Pot Pies and Vegetarian Lasagna. (I just read Jami's blog about rednecks, hence the word "fixin's")